Visit Morocco Sahara Desert to discover a land of colorful contrasts, a land where one comes face to face with nature at its most magnificent landscapes. This 04 days luxury desert journey is taking you on a breathtaking adventure in the south of Morocco through the Mountains of high Atlas with its Berber villages, Old Authentic Kasbahs, Gorges and Canyon, Palm Groves and an unforgettable amazing overnight in the immense Sahara desert of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga.
- Drive through the beautiful Mountain scenery in the high Atlas range.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Experience the Berber culture through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations
- Journey through the Sahara Desert to witness exceptional sand dunes.
- Spend a celestial overnight in a luxury desert camp with entertainment
- Venture between the high rolling cliffs of the Todra and Dades Gorges.
- Explore the fortified villages & Kasbahs in the southern of Morocco.
Desert Luxury Journey - 04 Days - 03 Nights - from Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech - Atlas Mountains - Aitbenhdaou - Ouarzazate
Today we travel across the plains of the great High Atlas Mountains. Climbing over the pass of Tizi n Tichka, we stop for lunch and then continue onwards with great views over the Mountains and valleys to AitBenhaddou. This incredible fortified Kasbah was built for defense purposes high on a hill and is a stunningly well preserved medieval city which has famously featured in many blockbuster movies, including Gladiator and Laurence of Arabia as its beauty is unequal to any other fortified kasbah in south Morocco. Carrying on we continue south to the Hollywood of North Africa – Ouarzazate which is famous for being the filming location for many other Hollywood blockbusters and famous TV shows including James Bond – The Living Daylights, The Mummy and more recently Game of Thrones. Overnight with dinner at the hotel.
Day 2: Ouarzazate - Dades valley - Todra gorges - Merzouga Desert
Today we begin our journey into the Sahara desert via the palm groves of Skoura, the rose fields and magnificent gorges. Travelling from Ouarzazate, there is a possibility of visiting the kasbah of Amredil in Skoura before seeing the rose fields and reaching scenic Todra Gorges. Surrounded by towering vertical limestone cliffs reaching heights of 1000ft, it is known as Morocco’s Grand Canyon. The charm of Todra lies in its changing colours as the sun slowly moves from east to west. After time to wander through Todra we hit the road again for Merzouga – our base before we head into the Sahara. Depending on the time of year, spend the afternoon relaxing and swimming before climbing aboard our camels for an incredible trek into the Sahara Desert to watch a beautiful sunset and spend the night at our remote Berber Camp, nestled amongst the towering dunes of Erg Chebbi. We enjoy local food and an amazing night camping in the Sahara.
Day 3: Merzouga - Draa Valley - Zagora
Wake up early to enjoy a picturesque the sunrise when the colour of the dunes and the play of shadows are an awesome sight. After a lovely breakfast at the luxury desert camp, you will ride camel back to Merzouga. The desert journey continues to the Draa Valley via the village of Tazzarine and on to N’Qob for lunch. In the afternoon, we drive along the Draa Valley towards Zagora. Overnight with dinner in a nice hotel.
Day 4: Zagora - Telouat Kasbah - Atlas Mountains – Marrakech
After breakfast, we drive towards Agdez, passing oases and Kasbahs, beside the river. The oldest Kasbah of Tamnougalte. Some parts of this Kasbah lie in ruins and some parts are still fully occupied. The last part of the day's journey is across the Tizi-n-Tinfifite pass to Ouarzazateto visit some of the main sites mainly Taourirt Kasbah which belonged to the Glaoui family, the Pashas of Marrakesh, and the Cinema Atlas Studio. Thereafter, you leave the main road and take a side road to Ait ben Haddou Kasbah, which also belonged to the Lords of the Atlas. The road then continues along the Ounila valley with beautiful and prosperous villages, stunning Mountains and views to Telouet, where you will stop to visit the Kasbah and perhaps have lunch. Alternatively lunch will be in the Atlas Mountains! We reach Marrakesh at the end of the afternoon.
Services to be included :
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English speaking for the entire trip.
- First Class accommodation in 5 Star Hotels & Luxury desert camp.
- Daily Breakfast at the hotels and the luxury desert camp.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel ride & Camel guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites and museums.
- Hotel Taxes.
Services to be excluded :
- International air fare.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal spending.
|Tour Level||0-2 People||3-4 People||5-6 People|
|Affordable Luxury||$650 p.p||$510 p.p||$450 p.p|
|Comfort Luxury||$790 p.p||$710 p.p||$510 p.p|
|Deluxe Luxury||$870 p.p||$750 p.p||$630 p.p|
Request more information :
- Tell us about your vacation on the short form below!
- How many people are you traveling with?
- Tell us a little about yourself and let us know any questions you may have about this tour. Our travel experts are standing by to respond personally to you.