This 05 days luxury desert tour takes you to a world of infinity variety! The majesty of deep South in a quiet and peaceful way. Brimming with history, a colorful culture and incredible food, this tour is a perfect introduction of Morocco’s Sahara Desert of Erg Chebbi and Erg Chigaga. Join your dream tour today; change of scene, authenticity, sun, hospitality, culture and well-being. Our Team is welcoming you to the best places to visit in the Sahara Desert of Morocco.
- Drive through the beautiful Mountain scenery in the high Atlas range.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Spend a celestial overnight in a luxury desert camp with entertainment.
- Journey through the Sahara Desert of Erg Chebbi and Erg Chigaga.
- Venture between the high rolling cliffs of the Todra and Dades Gorges.
- Explore the fortified villages & Kasbahs in the southern of Morocco.
Desert Gateway Journey - 05 Days - 04 Nights - from Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech - High Atlas Mountains - Ouarzazate - Skoura
Pick up from Marrakech and drive via the superb views of High Atlas Mountains, offering some exhilarating driving via lush valleys and traditional Berber villages, to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou as essentially a living museum, comprising a ksar and has been used as the backdrop in many international movies. After lunch, drive to the Hollywood of Africa named Ouarzazate before you reach Skoura Oasis with its authentic Kasbahs and palm grove valley. Overnight with dinner in a nice hotel.
Day 2: Skoura - Dades Valley - Todra Gorges - Merzouga Desert
After breakfast at the hotel, you start a fresh day with a drive from Skoura to follow the Dades River winds its way through a lush valley, dotted with ruined kasbahs on vantage points and surrounded by the most unusual rock formations and cliffs. We arrive to Todra Gorge, a striking natural canyon cleaved into the Atlas Mountains, by the Todra River. After lunch and a slight walk continue to Merzouga, at the end of the sealed road, with the expanse of the Erg Chebbi dunes. Your driver will drop you at the meeting point with your camel caravan and you will trek on camel back for approx. 1 hour to reach your luxury desert camp in time for sunset and home for the night in the dunes. Take an evening meal and then enjoy a celestial overnight in deluxe tents with private bathrooms and hot showers.
Day 3: Merzouga Desert - Draa Valley - Zagora
After enjoying a picturesque sunrise upon the stunning dunes, you will have breakfast in the camp. Then, you will ride camel back to the meeting point with your driver. You will start your day with an interesting visit to the fossils workshops followed by a stop in Rissani village. The tour continues south to reach the beautiful Draa valley with its vast palms and old villages. You will have a stop for lunch in Alnif. Then, continue our journey towards Zagora, current administrative center of the area and from where once the trading caravans travelled to Timbuktu on a long trip that lasted 52 days Dinner and overnight in a nice Hotel in Zagora.
Day 4: Zagora - Tamgeroute - M’hamid - Erg Chigaga
After breakfast, you will start a fresh day towards the immense desert of Erg Chigaga. You will have the opportunity to visit the authentic village of Tamgeroute with its famous library, Pottery factoty and the underground Kasbah. After that, your journey continues towards the small village of Mhamid where you will have lunch and relax before travelling one hour and half off road through the rocky desert to the magnificent desert of Erg Chigaga. You will stop to enjoy the sacred Oasis before arriving to the immense sand dunes. You will enjoy a picturesque sunset on the top of the dunes. Take an evening meal and then enjoy a celestial overnight in deluxe tents with private bathrooms and hot showers.
Day 5: Erg Chigaga - Marrakech
After a picturesque sunrise upon the stunning Erg Chigaga dunes, you will have breakfast in the luxury camp. Then, we start the last day with a drive across the ancient Paris Dakar race road. We will stop at the dry lake of Iriqui and the village of Foum Zguid. Lunch to be enjoyed either in the woven carpet village of Taznakht or in the High Atlas Mountains before arrival to Marrakech by late afternoon.
Services to be included :
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English speaking driver during the tour.
- Premium Quality accommodation at Boutique Hotels and luxury desert camps.
- Daily breakfasts and dinners.
- Camel trek accompanied by a Camel guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Free time to explore the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Berber villages, Breaks for photos.
- Entrance fees to the historical sites and monuments.
- Hotels Taxes.
Services to be excluded :
- International air fare.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal spending.
|Tour Level||0-2 People||3-4 People||5-6 People|
|Affordable Luxury||$785 p.p||$535 p.p||$485 p.p|
|Comfort Luxury||$875 p.p||$790 p.p||$575 p.p|
|Deluxe Luxury||$1000 p.p||$835 p.p||$700 p.p|
Request more information :
- Tell us about your vacation on the short form below!
- How many people are you traveling with?
- Tell us a little about yourself and let us know any questions you may have about this tour. Our travel experts are standing by to respond personally to you.