Explore the Sahara Desert from Fez to Marrakech through the scenic Middle Atlas Mountains with a stop at the picturesque Mountain resort of Ifrane and Cedar Forest. Later, a nice view over the spectacular Ziz Valley and Ziz gorges. You will spend a celestial overnight in a luxury desert camp with entertainment. You will venture through the grand canyon of Todra gorges and the spectacular Rock formations in Dades gorges. You will also drive through the beautiful Mountain scenery in the high Atlas range to reach the red Imperial city of Marrakech.
- Drive through the beautiful Mountain scenery in the high Atlas range.
- Experience the Berber culture through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Spend a celestial overnight in a luxury desert camp with entertainment
- Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations
- Venture between the high rolling cliffs of the Todra and Dades Gorges.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou.
Sahara Dream Journey - 04 Days - 03 Nights - From Fez
Day 1: Fez - Ifran - Cedar Forest – Ziz Valley - Erfoud
Pick up from your accommodation in Fez. Then, we will travel through the middle Atlas via Ifrane “Moroccan Switzerland”. You will have the opportunity to stop at the cedar forest to see the Cedre Goraud Tree and the Barbary apes. We drive further south passing by several towns and nomads living in tents on the way. Our next stop is in Midelt where you will enjoy your lunch. Later on, we continue our drive by crossing the Tizi N’Talghomt Pass while enjoying the panoramic views. You will also cross Ziz valley with thousands of palm trees with a panoramic view of Aoufous palmeraie. The journey goes further to Erfoud. Overnight with dinner in a nice Kasbah hotel.
Day 2: Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga- Erg Chebbi Dunes
After breakfast at the hotel and enough rest, you will meet your driver to start a fresh day of exploration and adventure. We drive to explore the tiny villages around Erg Chebbi dune. You will be hospitably welcomed with a cup of tea while enjoying the spiritual Gnawa Music in Khalmia village. After lunch, we continue the spirit of the nomadic Berber lifestyle. There you will enjoy the sunset and the silence of the Sahara desert. After a wonderful dinner we gather round the fire and enjoy the desert night with traditional Berber drums. You will then spend the night in deluxe Berber tents with private bathrooms and hot showers.
Day 3: Merzouga - Todra Gorges – Rose valley - Skoura
You will wake up early to enjoy a magnificent sunrise. Breakfast is served. Then, take camel back to Merzouga where you will meet your driver. We travel along the rugged Road of a Thousand Kasbahs that has long been a popular location for Hollywood films such as The Last Temptation of Christ, Jewel of the Nile, and most recently Hideous Kinky. This region has been considered as one of the most exciting and romantic destinations of Morocco nestled along rich river valleys, palm groves and mud-brick homes with vibrant colors under the shelter of the blue desert sky. Lunch and a nice walk to be enjoyed in Todra Gorges. We travel via the Dades and Rose valleys before we reach to Skoura. Overnight with dinner in a nice hotel.
Day 4: Skoura - Ouarzazate – Ait Benh Haddou - Marrakech
After breakfast, you will drive through Skoura Palm grove to see the main sites of Ouarzazate mainly the Atlas Cinema Studio and an optional tour of the Taourirt Kasbah, an impressive structure that was built to house hundreds of people. Afterwards, continue to visit one of the jewels of Morocco which is Kasbah Ait Benhaddou as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - the true treasures must be searched out and discovered… usually off the beaten path. After lunch, we travel to Marrakesh through the continuously changing landscape and colors of the high Atlas Mountains. We reach the highest point of the Tichka Pass, offering impressive scenery in the heart of the Atlas Mountain chain. Arrival to Marrakech late afternoon.
Services to be included :
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English speaking driver during the tour.
- Premium Quality accommodation at Boutique Hotels and luxury desert camp.
- Daily breakfasts and dinners.
- Camel trek accompanied by a Camel guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Fez and Marrakech.
- Free time to explore the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Berber villages, Breaks for photos.
- Entrance fees to the historical sites and monuments.
- Hotels Taxes.
Services to be excluded :
- International air fare.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal spending.
|Tour Level||0-2 People||3-4 People||5-6 People|
|Affordable Luxury||$750 p.p||$600 p.p||$480 p.p|
|Comfort Luxury||$825 p.p||$740 p.p||$525 p.p|
|Deluxe Luxury||$945 p.p||$820 p.p||$710 p.p|
Request more information :
- Tell us about your vacation on the short form below!
- How many people are you traveling with?
- Tell us a little about yourself and let us know any questions you may have about this tour. Our travel experts are standing by to respond personally to you.